We wanted to share a little bit more information about Edinburgh Children's Hospital Charity (previously The Sick Kids Friends Foundation). This is the charity that Jack is raising money for. Its something we have not done yet and thought it might help give everyone a bit more of an idea of where their donations go.
Apologies to Edinburgh Children's Hospital Charity (previously The Sick Kids Friends Foundation) for pillaging their website for the text and video, we hope you don’t mind too much.
Edinburgh Children's Hospital Charity (previously The Sick Kids Friends Foundation) was set up in 1992 to support the work of the The Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. The Hospital receives over 100,000 children through its doors each year from all over the East of Scotland.
We give assistance in five primary areas:
- the provision of a wide variety of extra comforts, which make time in hospital better for children
- the provision of extra child and family-friendly facilities
- the purchase of extra medical equipment over and above NHS provision
- the provision of extra support for sick children who are cared for in the Community
- funding for extra training and research
Each year we raise around £1.5 million to help children and families at the hospital. All our work is funded through donations from the public, companies, Trusts and Foundations and organisations who wish to help us to make the Sick Kids even better.
Sick Kids Friends Foundation is a registered Scottish Charity, SC020862.