Jack and his family attended the Pride of Britain Awards yesterday evening where they had an enjoyable and eye opening night. Jack and his family met lots of lovely famous faces and saw lots of others.
We managed to meet (amongst others) John Bishop, Emma Bunton, Jon Bon Jovi, Jason Donovan, Peter Andre, Etienne Stott, Tim Baillie, Kenny Dalglish, Natasha Kaplinsky, Vernon Kay, Stephen Tompkinson, Robson Green, Nitin Ganatra, Holly Willoughby, Olly Murs, Jayne Torvill, Natasha Baker, Trisha Penrose, Stephen Hawking, Ed Miliband, Carol Vorderman, Dermot O’Leary, Michael Ball, Esther Rantzen, Louie Spence and Rolf Harris (who presented Jack with his award and looked after him).
it was very busy but it was still very good. I had a good time, thank you.
There were many wonderful stories and normal hardworking people there, it was an amazing honour to have Jack included. We urge everyone to watch Jack and everyone else, Tuesday 30 October, 2012 at 8pm on ITV.
Thank you to all of the people who were so nice and helped look after us and said hello.
More photographs on Jack’s Facebook page.
Some highlights (SPOILERS)
- Noah refused a kiss from Spice Girl, Baby Spice, Emma Bunton
- Stephen Tompkinson asked Jack for an autograph and said his name was Stephen with a 'ph', Jack wrote his name as PH. Jack gave him a book for his daughter Daisy.
- Jack waved at Stephen Hawking
- Toby asked Olly Murs where Animal and the rest of the Muppets were.
- Emma Bunton looked after Noah for a little while and waved from the top balcony with him to Mum, Toby & Jack
- Jack gave a copy of his book to Rolf Harris
- Louie Spence did a little dance for Noah
- Toby played the iPad for 4 hours and never made a peep
- Jack drew a picture of Rolf Harris backstage and it was auctioned off, it raised £15,000 for The Sick Kids Friends Foundation
- Noah had an hour nap on two dining chairs
- Sat at the same table as Etienne Stott, Tim Baillie and Peter Andre.
- LIDL added a further £10,000 onto Jack’s total
All in all, a good trip from California back to London. £25,000 added to Jack’s fundraising total, a lovely meal, some amazing photographs and a Pride of Britain Award, thank you and good night.